View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The proper care and feeding of your husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus869 View Post
I loved it. It didn't make me feel guilty or marginalized at all, in fact it made me feel empowered. The author is a controversial figure, so some people might dismiss it out of hand. But a friend gave it to me and I loved it. See if your library has it, then you're not out anything if you dislike it.
this is a good way to put it.

Do I like her radio show? No, anytime I heard it, it generally pissed me off. Drama gets ratings.

I don't know or care much about whether or not she used her own advice to make a good marriage. Doesn't mean that her advice isn't good. People preach better than they act in most cases if you ask me.

As for the 'Christian' reference, I think she was talking about the 'Dare' thing. The Love Dare, Respect Dare, etc are all Christian-based books, I believe.

ETA: people get pissed off that people judge 'Shades of Grey' and 'Magic Mike' without having read them. just examples. So, I would make your own decisions about this book as well. It has a full range of reviews, but until you've actually read the book yourself, it's hard to make an informed decision.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 07-25-2012 at 07:58 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote