View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tips for keeping newborn safe from toddler germs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+3 View Post
Siblings are going to share every germ no matter what. Let him enjoy being a big brother. Forming that sibling bond is way more important to me than trying in vain to keep the little one from getting sick.
Yup to the above. I have 5 going on 6 kids including 2 sets of twins. There is just no way to really keep the germs away. If another child is obviously sick, of course they should keep their distance. Other than that, I don't worry about it. With 5 newborns so far, I have had newborns with colds. It does make me sad, but you can't really keep them protected all the time and it isn't worth not allowing that sibling bond to develop. Just my

Definitely not trying to be rude, but it made me sad to read your toddler doesn't get to spend much time with the baby. That bond is so sweet. I always let my toddlers hold and "help" with the baby as much as was reasonable.

Of course every family and every mom is different. I'm sure it will work out no matter what you decide. Sorry your newborn is sick.

And, congratulations on your new addition to the family!