View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #41
Done at 3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Shimpie
I hadn't heard of the Ubbi pail so I had to look it up. I like the some of the features like the powder coated steel, but the gaskets are a bit overkill. The small opening would be a pain for me. You want a diaper pail with lid that breathes slightly. Sealing up dirty diapers is asking for concentrated stink. For instance, dirty diapers in the wet bag that I keep in my diaper bag stink way more than those in my diaper pail because they are sealed up tight.

Also, if I were spending that much money on a diaper pail, I'd at least want one with a foot pedal. Here's the trash can I use as a diaper pail.
Funny- that simple human is the same can I bought! I received the Ubbi free in exchange for feedback on how I thought it performed for cloth diapers. I may have to leave it open slightly as I too am concerned about it being "too airtight" but I've only started playing with it yesterday so I'm trying it as they intend first then taking it from there to give them an honest review. The hole is a bit small but after adding a kanga care wetbag that is slick it makes the diapers slide in a bit easier than I thought it would.
Lindsay- wife to my Soldier & SAHM to Gavin 3/06 Liam 5/09 and Collin 8/12
Done at 3 is offline   Reply With Quote