07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Haven't made it through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been mentioned.
The lavender Ecos detergent from Sam's Club has fabric softener in it. I don't know if that's true for the F&C Ecos or not. I love the lavender Ecos on our clothes (water softener, FL Kenmore, vinegar in FS dispenser, line dry,) but I don't plan to use it on diapers b/c of the softener.
Originally Posted by branfam
I did try using the Ecos detergent instead of the tide.
My mom got an LG FL last year, tried Ecos on clothes, and hated it. She said all her whites were dingy, even with bleach. I think she was using too much Ecos, adding Downy, and putting everything in the dryer. I suggested she ease off of the Ecos, lose the Downy, and maybe strip some of Dad's undershirts with Dawn. She decided to just try Tide instead. She hasn't been complaining lately, so maybe that's working for her.
Anyway, just wanted to warn people about the fabric softener.
Okay, now I've made it through to the end. Wow. Lots of info.
My clothing routine is up above, and I intend to use Tide for diapers. I'm seriously considering a wet pail. I currently "wet pail" my menstrual cloth in an old nalgene bottle. I wear Party in my Pants pads and liners, and until I started the wet pail, I wasn't happy with the cleanliness.
Here's my MC "wet pail" system:
1. Fill Nalgene bottle 1/3 with cold water and add a tsp of Oxyclean. Close the lid and give it a shake to dissolve the oxy.
2. Add dirty pad and another 1/3 of water. Close lid and shake it like a cocktail shaker. Hide it on the edge of the tub, behind the shower curtain.
4. Add pads to bottle as I change them, shake, and replace on edge of tub.
3. Once each day, I drain off the water into the toilet, fill the bottle 2/3 full, add a little oxy, and shake.
4. At the end of my cycle, I drain the water, add clean water, shake again, and pour it off. I dump the wet pads in the washer and wash on hot with the towels.
Would a similar idea (with a bucket, and washing dipes every other day) work, or should I start trolling Craigslist for a used TL?
Proud Mama Kitty to our Baby Bunny: November 6, 2013.
Last edited by IndoorKitty; 07-27-2012 at 11:46 AM.