View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question about homebirth (long, sorry!)....

Not sure if this is the place to put this.....

DS was a highly managed hospital birth. His heart rate was 5 bpm lower than what they wanted, and I was not progressing well enough (to their liking). I was physically exhausted from weeks of prodromal labor. I was dialating and the monitor showed contractions, but because I wasnt in a lot of pain they broke my water to speed it along (they didnt ask, just did it during the exam and I hadnt noticed the hook). I was restricted to the bed for 45 minutes of every hour. The jacuzzi tub was lukewarm at best, and not filled enough to let me relax (I am 5'8" and was huge at delivery). At the time I did what I thought was best and went along with the doctors. I ended up with an epidural when I was restricted to the bed for good since on my back.hurt like the ****ens! Less than 5 minutes after I delivered DS they delivered the placenta by doing an aggressive massage and pulling because DS has passed meconium (he had a tiny streak on his bum). I hemoragged and was not allowed to.nurse until they stopped the bleeding with pitocin.

I have never felt good about my birthing experience. I am starting to think about TTC baby #2 in a few months and I am considering homebirth. I am not scared of the pain, I was doing fine when I was up and moving. My body didnt want to.lay down, and it complicated the pain management.

Im scared of the idea of hemoragging at home. I would love to hear from mamas who had a hospital delivery and a homebirth how they differed. Is it reasonable to feel like the hospital interventions I had complicated things?

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe