View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
Amanda+2
Registered Users
seller
seller

thrush or latch issues please help

I really dont want to give up but I'm struggling.

I've had latch issues from the start. after a week I saw a Bf consultant who said she didnt have tongue tie but her lower jaw was very tight. and I would have to get her to open her mouth wider to latch. I have got very big nipples! I think the bf lady was trying to be polite when she said they were 'broad'

anyway the painful feeding stopped (mostly) for a few days. on friday (shes 2 weeks now) my left side, which was always the less painful started to really hurt when she latched, and has got progressively worse that the whole feed is painful. The other side is fine.

She is really strong and hard to get to latch on as it is. I've tried the football hold and it is a little better but not by much.

i really don't know if it could be thrush or a latch issue. it doesnt hurt at all when i pump. and the pain is only in the nipple (and just under) area and not the whole breast.

Any ideas? i really need some help i'm pumping that side at the moment and feeding from the other. But with 3 year old twins and DH out of town for 3 weeks its not an ideal solution.

Thanks mamas
Amanda+2 is offline   Reply With Quote