View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #256
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

I have a kind of weird problem. I have a son who just has very stinky poop that makes his poopy diapers very hard to get clean smelling. It isn't his diet; when he was exclusively b****** we had the same issue- his poop smelled like regular bf poop, so not really yucky, but the smell would linger in his diapers after they were washed. And I don't think it was MY diet; his brother and sister had no similar issues. I have always washed his diapers in hot, with various detergents including Tide or Country Save, and we have soft water. His diapers smell right out of the dryer, and it's just the poopy ones. I ALWAYS have to wash anything with PUL or other synthetics AT LEAST 4-5 times to get the smell out. I use 3/4 of a cup of bleach in the wash, and I've tried soaking them in Bac-Out for a night and then washing them. I've also tried washing them in Dawn, and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I really think my son's poop has some kind of oils or something in it that just makes the smell really stubborn. Any suggestions?
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote