View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH! Thinking about switching to public/private school for awhile?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
Is there something specific that makes you think DS1 is missing something/falling behind? Also, I agree that with 4, your time is really divided, but do you think the amount of attention he's going to receive in a classroom of 20+ will be more or less than what he will receive with you?

Have you asked him what he thinks or how he feels about it? Personally, I wouldn't let an 8 yo make that kind of educational decision, but perhaps he has insight one way or the other that would help you in your/DH's decision.

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, but I just know that when I was preggo, every thing seemed like this insurmountable task when I thought about adding another baby to it. I'm chalking it up to hormones. In the end, I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and it was ok.
DS is behind in math and phonics/spelling. I think its because of the one on one teaching time. I know that he won't get much one on one time but I think when the teacher teaches a lesson and students can ask questions is more of what I'm missing here.

And we have discussed going to a school before with him and he seems open to it. He has told me he wants sit down school time more.
I've asked DH if he would teach a course in the late afternoon and he seems open to it
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote