View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH! Thinking about switching to public/private school for awhile?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
I had #4 this year with my oldest only 5 at the time. I ended up putting him in PS (we didn't have money for private school) b/c I was so overwhelmed - it was a month after school started b/c I really tried HS'ing but with #4 on the way it was too much. It turned out OK. He learned a lot, I felt guilt A LOT, he got in trouble some...but in the end I personally regret it. We are going to HS this year b/c I regretted it so much and felt like I did the wrong thing all year - I've made this decision with my parents, DH's parent's and seemingly everyone around me telling me he should be in PS. I just don't feel right about it. I'm terrified about not having the free time I did last year and I'm not sure how I'll deal - some days will probably be bad days. But, we sat down and talked about it today with him and he really wants to do HS this year and not go back to PS...he's been consistent about this throughout the summer. I think, I would have to feel really OK about putting him in PS to do it again...they will loose the 'Jesus' aspect too in a public school - even a mild mannered one - the teachers just can't talk about it or teach it - even if they want to. You can change your mind later in the year if it gets to hard, or you can change your mind next year if it gets to hard.

Know that you HAVE PERMISSION to put them in PS in you need to and want to and they'll adjust and do just fine...it'll be an adjustment though - they sit a lot in PS - even in K we found out. Do what you need to for your sanity though - and know that it's OK...I just wanted to share my experience since it sounded similar to yours !
Thank you for sharing! I think this is how I would feel throughout the day to if the oldest or older ones were in school.
DH and I had a lengthy discussion last night about it and I'm going to stick to HSing. I just need to focus more on squeezing in the one on one time. I know it will be challenging some days but I think I will regret putting them in a school way to much. My mom and aunt keep trying to get me to try out a school for the kids. I think thats why I've been thinking about it a lot more. My mom thinks they need more socialization, which is silly because they play and hang out with other kids a lot. DH doesn't feel right about them sitting for many hours through the day. We've talked about a co-op or just a class DS can take outside the house. I have some things to look into but I think staying on the HS route is best.

Keep us in your prayers and I'll keep all you mamas in mine
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote