Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:
Re: Male versus Female OB- POLL

Missing options on the poll...
Have male - prefer male
Had both/either - prefer male

I would have chosen Had both/either - prefer male. I've had 2 female OBs during my pregnancies/1 during delivery and have had a male for one pregnancy/2 deliveries. I must say that I LOVED my male OB the best. He was kind, sincere, sensitive, genuine, caring, compassionate, informative, on time, encouraging and a wonderful human being all around. It was the best experience EVER! I was beyond disappointed when I couldn't see him for my most recent pregnancy. I saw the female OB I had for DS1 and she was OK but she was "short" with her answers and her bedside manner was greatly lacking. She was a decent doc, but given the choice I wouldn't have chosen her and certainly won't choose her again. I had to have an emergency c-section for the delivery and she was on holiday, so not present. I ended up with a male OB that I'd never met and I would rank him a very close 2nd to my first OB. He was very practical, straightforward, honest, caring, gentle and attentive. He saved my baby's life and very possibly mine as well when he called the need for an emergency section. I'm very thankful and grateful to the care I have received from the male OBs I've seen. I would go with them any day over any of the females I've ever seen or dealt with.