View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

"Daddy's Stuck In the ATTIC!!!!"

Thought this might be somewhat worth sharing as I was just reading a thread the other day about how moms can't poop without people banging on the door. Well, apparently my DH has the same problem.

Scene: We live in a small house with only 1 bathroom. Five people. The pull down for the attic is right outside the bathroom door. DH goes into the bathroom and locks the door, obviously to use it. You can only lock the door from the inside- it's a manual slide lock. If the bathroom is locked, someone has to be int here. Thirty seconds later, the kids are looking for him. They try to open the bathroom door, realize it's locked.

Noah, face pressed up against the door: "Daddy, Are you in there? Can you hear me?!?!"
Tristan, shorter, right behind him: "What are you DOING in there?!"
DH: "No, I'm not in here."
Noah: "Where are you then?!?!"
DH: "I'm in the attic."
Noah: "Why are you in the attic if the stairs aren't down? How are you going to get out? Are you stuck up there?! DADDY!!! ARE YOU STUCK UP THERE?! ARE YOU STUCK IN THE ATTIC?!?! MOMMY!!! DADDY IS STUCK IN THE ATTIC!!!"
Tristan: "Daddy is stuck in the attic? MOMMY!!! DADDY IS STUCK IN THE ATTIC!!!! HE CAN'T GET DOWN!!!!"

I"m dying laughing in our bedroom which is right across the hall. Kids go into a panic, start scrambling around, dragging chairs and the ottoman into the hall from the living/dining room, positioning them under the attic pull down and trying to get up there to reach the string so they can pull the stairs down. They were seriously concerned that DH was stuck in the attic and wouldn't be able to get down.

Finally, DH comes out of the bathroom while the kids are in full swing rescue effort. Noah doesn't understand. "Wait, why were you in the bathroom? Were you kidding us? You were just kidding us, RIGHT?" Then they're mad at DH for kidding them. I tried to explain to the kids that DH had to be in the bathroom because the bathroom was locked and everyone else in the family was NOT in the bathroom. Noah didn't quite get it. Tristan didn't care after he realized Daddy was not in the attic.

Anyway, it was hilarious. Maybe it was one of those you had to have been here things, but the whole thing was just a riot. Poor DH was just trying to poop.