TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blueberry, Swaddlebee, Capri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaith View Post
I'm in the market for a DH friendly cover - I use gdiapers and flats, and it's too different from the disposables he's used to. I'd like to have something easy I can pre-stuff and leave on the changing table.

DS is 4mo and 16 lbs. I looked into Thirsties first, but the size range makes it difficult for me to pick.

I'm a little confused as to the differences between blueberry, swaddlebee and capris. Are they from the same company? What are the differences between them?
Yep, they are the same company (Triple 8), but different brands within that company. Each brand has its own specialties, and often the cut of the comparable diapers are a little different. For instance, the Blueberry Basix is an AIO that has a microfiber inner, and is cut a little broader with a slightly lower rise. The Swaddlebees Simplex is also an AIO, but with a cotton inner, slimmer cut across the tush, and I found that the rise was a little higher. The Capri diaper is actually a Swaddlebees product, as opposed to its own brand.
They are all very well made and durable. I have several Swaddlebees (old school "ABC" covers), several Basix (old and new styles), a ton of Blueberry Coveralls (LOVE THESE!!!), a few hemp/cotton doublers, a couple of BB OS bamboo fitteds, and a handful of BB trainers. So far, the only product I didn't like, or had a problem with were the sized Simplex, and that was really just a personal preference (didn't like the fit), and a fluke (some of the stitching started pulling out right away, but I was able to return it with no problem).
I have not tried Capris, but have heard great things about them, and the Econappi has always been a favorite on these threads, and great for staying within your CD budget. (Though I haven't tried those, either.)

If you are looking for a Daddy-friendly cover, definitely check out Coveralls and Capris. Aplix is a little easier to use, and sometimes easier to get a good fit, but snaps will last longer, and are more toddler-proof.

Last edited by TooBusyBearcubs; 07-30-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Additional comments
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote