View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #19
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: What did your c-section stay look like?

Day 1 evening: Went in about 10:30pm to have cervadil insterted and get hooked up to IV (positive GBS). Spent that night having to pee every hour because of the extra bag of fluid. Slept pretty awful.

Day 2 morning: Ate light breakfast and then started pitocin at 8:30am. Water broke by 10:30am. Back labor was so horrible by 2:30, got an epidural and catheter and slept for 3 hours. Woke up wearing oxygen and they turned the pitocin way down. Only dilated to 3 cm by 11pm.

Day 3 early morning: 12:30 am had a c-section. Healthy baby! Went to postpartum at 1:30am and breast fed within the first hour. Spend all night half awake and feeding with baby in room. By 10am, cathater came out and I was sitting on the edge of the bed. At lunchtime, got up to the bathroom with nurse assistance. Took a shower at dinner time.

Day 4: I was discharged, but baby lost more then 10% of birth weight, so we stayed one more night while I pumped to get the milk going.

Day 5 morning: Discharged home for both mom and baby!