View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Reviewing Medical Records

Did any of you review your child's (children's) medical records? My son just turned 2. He was a full term birth in a free-standing birth center. He turned blue and had poor breath sounds about 30 min after birth. He was transferred by ambulance to a local NICU. Turns out he aspirated so much amniotic fluid and blood (no meconium though) that his lungs never fully inflated. He was given surfactant and placed on a vent for 3 days. We only had an 8 day stay overall and have had no health problems since then.

I'm in weekly therapy for an anxiety disorder and had some PTSD symptoms for about 8 months after Paul's birth. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks of a surprise pregnancy back in Dec 2011.

I'm not sure if my desire to read these records is some sort of crisis or an actual desire that I should "indulge". I scheduled an appt to go review them next Tues. For those of you who have done this before, any tips/suggestions? Anything you felt that you weren't expecting? Did you find reading the records to be helpful? Thanks!
Special Ed teacher and grad student
wife to Allan, mama to Dante and Paul Daniel
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote