View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:
Reviewing Medical Records

Did any of you review your child's (children's) medical records? My son just turned 2. He was a full term birth in a free-standing birth center. He turned blue and had poor breath sounds about 30 min after birth. He was transferred by ambulance to a local NICU. Turns out he aspirated so much amniotic fluid and blood (no meconium though) that his lungs never fully inflated. He was given surfactant and placed on a vent for 3 days. We only had an 8 day stay overall and have had no health problems since then.

I'm in weekly therapy for an anxiety disorder and had some PTSD symptoms for about 8 months after Paul's birth. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks of a surprise pregnancy back in Dec 2011.

I'm not sure if my desire to read these records is some sort of crisis or an actual desire that I should "indulge". I scheduled an appt to go review them next Tues. For those of you who have done this before, any tips/suggestions? Anything you felt that you weren't expecting? Did you find reading the records to be helpful? Thanks!
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote