Thread: natural birth
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: natural birth

"This review includes 12 trials (3243 women). Water immersion during the first stage of labour significantly reduced epidural/spinal analgesia requirements, without adversely affecting labour duration, operative delivery rates, or neonatal wellbeing. One trial showed that immersion in water during the second stage of labour increased women's reported satisfaction with their birth experience. Further research is needed to assess the effect of immersion in water on neonatal and maternal morbidity. No trials could be located that assessed the immersion of women in water during the third stage of labour, or evaluating different types of pool/bath." http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....pub3/abstract

"The review of midwife-led care covered midwives providing care antenatally, during labour and postnatally. This was compared with models of medical-led care and shared care, and identified 11 trials, involving 12,276 women. Midwife-led care was associated with several benefits for mothers and babies, and had no identified adverse effects.

The main benefits were a reduction in the use of regional analgesia, with fewer episiotomies or instrumental births. Midwife-led care also increased the woman's chance of being cared for in labour by a midwife she had got to know, and the chance of feeling in control during labour, having a spontaneous vaginal birth and initiating breastfeeding. However, there was no difference in caesarean birth rates."
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....pub2/abstract

I've had 1 medicated and 1 NCB (homebirth) and my NCB was far superior than my previous medicated birth. I am currently planning another NCB at home for this baby. Do some looking around, talk with other people, etc. I would encourage you to tour the birth center as well as talk with the staff.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote