View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGold
I didn't want to inconvenience my workplace/take breaks if I could help it (I'm a veterinarian in a small clinic) and I had plenty of work that can be done while sitting (writing records, inputting new inventory into the computer, etc.). So I got myself Freemies and am perfectly comfortable pumping in the shared doctors' office, even with people coming and going (and asking me questions, etc.). I put them on in the bathroom (I never mastered the slipping them under the bra technique) and then go hook up to the pump. It also helps that I have a large drawer next to my desk where I put the pump. With the drawer almost closed (only the tubing coming out), you can barely hear the pump going. I was a little embarassed at first, but got over it quick, knowing I was doing the very best thing ever for my baby.
This is dedication! I pump 3x at work every day and pump less than 10 ounces total. It sucks but its worth it to me. I agree with all the PPs. I eat oatmeal every day, have a pump bra, do something distracting while I pump, and focus on the baby. I use an office at work and have a paper cover over the door. I usually use an electric pump but this past week I used a manual pump just to try it out. I definitely prefer the electric pump, even though I get less with it, because I can have my hands free while I pump.

I think you should pump before and after work and on lunch break if you have one. Think of at other times during the day as a bonus! I've pumped many a times in my car. People give me odd looks but whatev. (:

Good luck and dont feel bad if it doesn't work out. I think you can make it work with only pumping minimal times at work. Just pump any other chance you get at home and your stash will slowly increase.
WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote