View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugsboutique
I've stuggled with this too. DS loves bread! I've switched to rice pasta for his
mac n'cheese but he still has cereal, toast, pita pizza's, and grilled cheese sandwhiches on a regular basis. He does eat alot of fruit, veggies (mainly peas, brocolli, and green beans), and meats like eggs, chicken (or a substitute meat we call chicken ), and bacon. But for now I just don't know what to replace his bread with, I'm at a loss.
Try making coconut waffles for a bread replacement. We are on the GAPS diet (my whole family) which is super similar to Primal/Paleo. I make two batches of waffles a week & we use them for sandwich bread when we are spending the day away from home or if I don't have time to make something else (eggs, steamed veggies, salad, etc) for lunch.

My recipe is:
12 eggs
1/2 C coconut oil
1/2 C coconut flour
1/4 C raw honey (can be reduced to taste, especially for turkey or egg sandwiches)
1/4 C applesauce
1 t sea salt

Makes 16-20 waffles, depending on your waffle maker & how thick you pour the batter. I try to do thin waffles to get as many as I can from one batch!

The batter itself is very thin, not at all like regular pancake or waffle batter so you can mix all the ingredients in a blender & pour from that onto your waffle maker.

HTH!

Last edited by TPLmommy; 08-04-2012 at 02:45 AM.
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote