View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wine during pregnancy?

I have heard that because we don't know what is "over the limit" of alcohol for a fetus, it is recommended that pregnant women do not drink at all. In Europe, they supposedly do drink in moderation during pregnancy. While I don't think a glass of wine or a beer here and there is harmful, I don't drink often during pregnancy. I would possibly have a very small glass of wine (the glass I usually use is probably 20oz. but the one I'd use now would be closer to the size of a champagne flute) and a sip or two of something special (ie. I'm pregnant over Christmas and want to have just one taste of the traditional Glogg.). I feel less comfortable with drinking in the first trimester than the third, though I wouldn't drink shots of whiskey during either. I generally avoid all alcohol during the first trimester especially.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote