View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dissapointing MW appt. :(

Today was my 14 week appt, she was not happy with my weight loss but was glad it had stabilized. We discuss a lot of family history which was fine and she wanted a 20 week scan (forget what its called). I normally decline all of them and don't want to get this one either. HOWEVER, she couldn't find the HB and it took a long long time and that was scary considering I stopped feeling 'connected' to this belly a few days ago but we did finally find one! Anyway she is pretty sure there is only one baby in there and she uses the 20 week scan because apparently that's when she makes a decision about the status of the pregnancy and if it can be safely delivered at home.

Out of curiosity I told her I knew we discussed twins and that possibility has been ruled out BUT I still wanted to find out her policy on twins. She said she does not deliver twins at home so anyone with twins has to find another provider because she is not experienced in delivering them and doesn't feel comfortable doing it anyway. So because of that I'm inclined to take that 20 week scan just to make sure that there is only one and everything is fine so she can be at this birth or if there are two then I need to start making alternate plans.

I was praying and praying that she (as well as the medical establishment) DID NOT find twins even if they were there because I wanted her at my birth and I wanted to birth at home. I told this to DH today and he said that it was a bad idea because it wouldn't be a regular singleton birth and I'll need the support of experienced midwives and it wouldn't be right to do that to her. I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! so overall it was just a bummer. She also said that all the symptoms I mentioned are in line with hyperemesis except that I don't puke and that's pretty how much they diagnose it. She still doesn't know why I'm dehydrated although she said besides my lips being chapped my skin looks great and doesn't look dehydrated.

I don't know why but I left there feeling sad. Usually seeing her perks me up but not this time.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote