View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

16 months and still p/t bf but getting grief :(

My son is 16 months now and I really want to let him self wean. Bfing is a huge sorce of comfort for him and EVERYONE around me is pressuring me to wean him and giving me grief that I dare to still bf after a year. Many thought a year was too long and seem to look at bf as something you only do with newborns. I don't know where they are coming to this conclusion but it is so hard to stand up for myself and my son when EVERYONE around you is telling you that you are wrong ;( I want to cry sometimes when my baby is crying to bf and my husband basically tells me that I am a bad mother for letting him and that I am spoiling him and he will grow up to have problems because he is still bfing I mean i don't plan to bf him until he is preschool or anything. Honestly i do plan on having him weaned before he is two but i just don't think that he is ready yet and I really feel that all these nasty things they are saying about emotional damage and everything would be true if I STOPPED him cold turkey. He likes to do it when he wakes up in the morning and from his nap and maybe a few random times during the day but it really isnt that much.