Thread: Gah! Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Gah! Seriously?

Kay so I'm...32 weeks tomorrow (with our third-and last!)Since about 18 weeks I've been havin contractions. I have an irritable uterus which just means that they're contractions but they aren't progressive and hardly show up on the monitor. However-in my opinion-they hurt worse since its constant no matter what I do and there's nothing you can do for it really.
So Tuesday I woke up sick. I've had nausea this entire pregnancy which really sucks! But I tried to eat breakfast when I got the boys food. Came right back up. Tried water. Came back up. Tried coke since that's my miracle cure for nausea. Came back up-not pleasant by the way. This coming from a former bulemic, which is saying something. Maybe it's cause I generally hate coke or soda but it's the only thing that's helped the nausea. I dunno. Well I started spotting really lightly Tuesday as well. I rested (as mch as I could watching 2 active toddlers) but I still couldn't tolerate any foods or drinks. Still contracting. Called the doc, said to go to triage. Husband left work early, took me in.
The stupid er doc (who was very nice, but treated me like my iQ was around 10) basically told me that all it was was the flu and because I was dehydrated (which I knew AND told them) that's what my "slight irritability" was. He did an exam and told me thy even though e could get a finer in my cervix that I wasn't actually dilated. Huh? They filled me up wih IV fluids and sent me home.

Now-I know most people tend to not understand doctors or purposefully misinterpret what they say or something which is why docs tend to talk down to people. But this is the 2nd time ie seen this guy and he told me I wasn't having contractions, even though I could SEE them on the monitor.

This is 5 days later and my IV site is still massively bruised ad swollen. Hurts like a bee-och. STILL contracting. My husband has actually taken over ALL the housework, cooking, home improvement, dealing wih family--everythig. The only thin I'm allowed to do now is feed the kids while he's at work and lay on the bed in their room for the majority of the day while he's working. (he's awesome if you can't tell!)

My problem comes in wih this. I'm still contracting, which I expected. But they're hurti more and become more like "real" contractions. Not labor ones but more like Braxton hicks. But there is no way in hell in going back to triage just for that stupid doc to tell me I have the flu. Psh.

Okay just needed to rant since I've been curled in the fetal position for the last hour cause my back hurts so bad. Sigh.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote