View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anterior Placenta?

I have an anterior placenta with this baby (Due Nov 14) felt 1st movement at 20 weeks and THE NEXT DAY DP could feel from the outside, it really was a total fluke though, his hand just happened to be on my belly right where 2.0 kicked/punched/head-butted! I felt my 1st baby at 16 weeks, was never told about location of the placenta (at delivery the doc said it was the biggest he's seen) so I am assuming it was not anterior. Doc and u/s tech said that it normally moves up as the pregnancy progresses so there is usually little concern for previa (grows over cervix) or accreta (embeds into/through uterine wall). I had one prior c/s so I am slightly 'thoughtful' of these conditions/complications due to my own increased risk. I hope all goes perfectly with your pregnancy and baby. You can always ask at each u/s where your placenta is to ease any concerns you may have.