Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Bear Family
Registered Users
seller

Re: Me and my daughter dont get along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
learn to pick your battles.

Would it have really been so bad to open up the scooter when she asked? What was your reason for not wanting to open it up, other than she hasn't touched it in months?
No, not at all, It would have been easy, I used do it all the time, but she has also been having issues lately with standing up for herself with her friends. Like this for example, she said she would rather ride her bike, but since her friend wanted her to ride her scooter she was relenting. Her friends will come ask if she can play and sometimes, she would rather do something else, but always puts her wants aside, it seems like she is still trying to figure out how to be her own person, ya know. In that moment, I was trying to tell her to make her OWN choce and be her OWN person.

To the bolded, if I hadn't thought to ask 'why' I would have opened it up for her. And I know some people are probably wondering why I asked 'why' in the first place. And that is because her bike was broken the week before (dad fixed the steering) so I thought something may have been wrong with it again.
Bear Family is offline   Reply With Quote