View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Bear Family
Registered Users
seller

Re: Me and my daughter dont get along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I TOTALLY agree with picking your battles but personally don't think it should matter why she wouldn't open the scooter. She said no. Op, I think your dd's consequence for calling you lazy was VERY appropriate.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I don't have much advice for how to deal with your daughters attitude, I haven't reached that point yet in our parenting journey. I do think that choosing your battles and saying yes unless there is a reason to say no will help. Do you spend much time with your dd on your own? Does she feel like you have an interest in her and what she likes? I think at that age she is discovering herself and maybe wants validation which can lead to acting out I'd she isn't getting it.

That all being said, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
As far as spening time with her...yes and no. We do fun things together (pedi's) bike rides (but those include the brother) we are always doing something, always busy, she is in Girl Scouts and I go to the meeting with her and the trips and stuff. We play her games on the computer. When dad is home (he works A LOT) he usually has the brother outside and Jera and I will hang out. For her Bday present, I am taking her to her first concert...she doesnt know about it yet.
Bear Family is offline   Reply With Quote