View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Me and my daughter dont get along!

Personally I would have said she could stay home and not ride anything if she was going to talk to me that way. My eleven year old has started having a bit of an attitude. I have talked to her and told her that I understand she is going through puberty (we talked about hormones, etc) but that she is not allowed to speak to me sharply or sassy and she is not to roll her eyes. She is allowed to be grumpy but not disrespectful. I usually make her write sentences if she is over the top. By the time she is done doing that she is usually calm enough to talk to. I do agree with Carrie though, it probably would have been no big deal to open up the scooter. As far as your dd standing up for herself, I don't know the whole story, but I find nothing wrong with wanting to do what your friends want sometimes. Sometimes my dds don't want to necessarily do things their friends want to do but I remind them that they need to compromise and take turns doing what they want to do, especially if their friends are guests at our house. But like I said, I wasn't there and don't know if this is an ongoing issue.