View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Educate kids about danger without scarring them for life?

I'm in Iowa there has been a recent rash in attempted abductions...there has been 5 or 6 reported in a tri-county area just 45 miles away. A ways further 2 little girls (7 & 11) vanished into thin air.

My kids are 7, 4 & 2...Obviously I watch them but the 7 year old does play in the back yard alone

I can't figure out how to walk that fine line between 'educating them' and not scaring them to death.

I realize that stranger abduction is almost unheard of but there is a pervert in my town who tried to kidnap (at least) two little girls 2 years ago and he's still walking the streets because he was found incompetent to stand trial (even though he admitted to police that he tried to grab a 9 year old little girl because he wanted to have $3x with her)...I've seen him around town...I've pointed him out to the kids and told him he's a BAD MAN and they're to stay far far far away from him (we walk to the other side of the store if we see him in the grocery store, cross the street if we see him coming, I'm not letting my kids get within 40 feet of him)

Ugh, I've told them the usual Do not go near a car if someone parks and talks to you. Do not go off to find a puppy/kitty/lost child/nothing, you run to me and **I** will help a grown up look for their puppy/kitty/lost child. If someone tries to grab you you kick and bite and hit and fight like crazy and scream at the top of your lungs and run away.

There was another attempted abduction today...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote