View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Freezer meals...?

I'm planning to do some as well - wish I would have done it before DD was born but I just didn't know Check out www.onceamonthmom.com - lots of good recipes there! In general though, soups and sauces do great, and chili sounds amazing to me right now! If you're worried about the meat meals then maybe hold off until early September to do those. I was planning to do most of my meal-making throughout the month of September so that I could be done with a little time to spare before baby comes, but so that I didn't have to worry about them going bad either. (Honestly, though, I've used meals that have been frozen for 3+ months and had no trouble, so I wouldn't freak out too much) Also, if you want to make it easier on yourself, just make double batches every once in a while when you're cooking and freeze half of it. Then you don't have to wear yourself out with a huge cooking day. Those exhaust me even when I'm not preggo! But totally worth it - I did it right at the beginning of my pregnancy and it totally got me through the yucky first trimester