View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #29
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

Re: Whatever happened to "Congratulations"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
You know what occurred to me after I posted? I think religious background has an effect on how people respond. My friends who are always happy and give congrats to mamas with many children tend to be the same faith background as me. Maybe it has something to do with our faith valuing children and seeing them as blessings to a family. Many people at my church say we are SO blessed to have twins instead of the random person at Target who tells me she wouldn't wish twins on her worst enemy...ya thanks!
Sadly, I don't think this is always the case either. My own parents and my inlaws (all of the same "religious background" as us) say negative things quite often. And then they try to cover it up with "Well, it's your business." With #3 my mom said "Well, congratulations. If that's what you wanted."

I actually get nicer comments from strangers, I think.
I let the comments from family really get to me because I want them to be just as excited as we are. We don't ask for any help from them and we provide quite well for our children, so they really have no place to say anything.
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is offline   Reply With Quote