Re: Theowing up from allergy...
I agree. You no longer have the option of letting people get by without taking proper precautions. No one wants to butt heads, but if you want him to stay at that nursery you need to butt heads if that is needed. You need to be more assertive and if they don't want to accommodate then you need to move on. Go to a different church, get a baby sitter, whatever. Going with the flow isn't an option anymore. I quit my job because we couldn't find a care provider willing to take the steps needed. The real kicker is that I was a preschool teacher at a school that was peanut free and dd was on their waiting list. A part time spot came open and instead of letting me put dd in part time they gave it to someone else and dd stayed on the list for a full time spot. 2 months with no spot and dd's provider tried to keep her separate during meal times, but refused to go peanut free or keep her epi pen. I quit and stayed home. I have already said we chose dd's school for kindy based on their allergy handling. Its a public charter with no buses. I will have to drive her and pick her up everyday- rain, snow or shine. Not that I would actually let her ride the bus for her local regular public school- morning buses are very bad for peanut allergies. When I told her doc that she would not be on the bus the doc was actually relieved that wasn't a conversation she would have to have. I always expected that I would drive my kids for kindy then they would be on the bus. But that isn't going to happen.
Originally Posted by HugeBabyBoy
If they won't accommodate, then the best thing is to remove your children from the risk.
Its not the world we expected or planned, but its the one we got. And its the one we're working with.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07
and IHM 10/6/10
, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
Last edited by jbug_4; 08-08-2012 at 05:30 AM.