View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fighting siblings

Do they get breaks from each other? That is usually my first solution and I am pretty "mean" about it. Can't be nice to each other? Fine. Stay away from each other for the rest of the day. You can't be in the same room so figure out how to make that happen.

I've found that setting up expectations for trips (aka laying down the law) before leaving helps my family a LOT. "We are going to have fun. Part of having fun is being nice to each other. If we aren't being nice then we won't have any fun. If you choose to not be nice, then you are ruining things for yourself and everyone else on this trip. There will be no arguing, no complaining, no whining, and no ugliness on this trip. We will be kind to each other. We will listen to each other. We will use nice voices. We will look for things to be happy about. And we will have fun! If you aren't having fun, you're doing something wrong. If you are tired, don't whine about your legs hurting. Politely say, "Can we take a break? My legs are tired." If you are hot, don't whine about being hot. Politely say, "Mom, I see a shady spot. Can we go cool off over there?"" (blah blah blah-taylor to your specific situation)