Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Earthquake!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkersMommy7611 View Post
I would of been freaked out to if I had never been I an earthquake before but you should look into some earthquake safety because running outside is very rarely the right think to do because of power lines and tress....
Thanks. I actually should know that because it does make sense. I'm sure you should get into a door frame or under a table or something like that. But, as I said, there hasn't been an earthquake over here in MANY years, since well before I was born. I've never even thought to look into what we should do. I didn't even know what it was at first. I thought it was a big truck outside till it got stronger and didn't let up. All I knew was that the whole house was shaking and felt like it was going to fall down around us and then I realized it must be an earthquake, but was still a bit confused. Getting out seemed to be the best option at the time. Luckily we didn't have any damage even though we had many buildings downtown condemned and had to be torn down. We live a just a couple miles from there. Scary stuff. I can't imagine living where it happens all the time.

And also, I didn't actually tell them to go outside without me. I told them to go downstairs.(We were all upstairs since it was naptme.) My in-laws lived with us at the time and I yelled to ask them if they would get the older kids out as they were coming up from the basement. I wouldn't send them outside by themselves at all, much less in an earthquake.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 08-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote