View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #31
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Me and my daughter dont get along!

have you sat her down and talked to her about it? I mean without lecturing etc? I totally agree that you need to put your foot down and deal with attitude like that, but at the same time if she just sees this as you suddenly becoming a control freak she's obviously not going to respond well. Explain why attitude like that is rude and unacceptable, and what your motivations are when you correct, question and discipline her. And then make that attitude truly unacceptable. When I was growing up it didn't matter how valid or legitimate what I wanted was, if I was being snotty I got nothing until my attitude changed. I remember my sister's room being stripped down to necessities, even pictures and stuff she had on the walls being taken away, she was left with her bed, a pillow, and something like 3 changes of clothes for awhile because she was not being respectful of the house and our parents. But at the same time, my parents always told us why being rude will not help us in life, why it's important to be respectful of the people and authority around you, and that we were not the most important person in the world, how we need to consider the people around us. It was never just "because I said so" without context, kwim?