View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant with twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7464 View Post
I'm having that same fear, especially because we know we are expecting with identical's. Someone said they used nail polish on their toenail until they were old enough to put their foot in their mouth. I'm thinking maybe different colored teething necklaces.
That's what we did One girl had all amber colored and the other was honey and butter colored. I could tell them apart from day one but grandma, the hubby and our nanny had a harder time so the necklace helped all of them.

As far as advice goes the best advice I have ever received has been straight from other twin mothers. Books never really helped me much, most of them talked about a "schedule" which I never did. We just lived life to the beat of the girls drum and it worked out just fine. If you decide to go the same route I can tell you that it still results in well adjusted toddlers

I do not know about the area you live but my town has a MOM group (mothers of multiples). We have a playgroup date once a month and a mommy day out once a month. We are all friends on Facebook. It REALLY helps you to feel "normal".