View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #19
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I keep wanting "just one more"...

I truly love being a mom and feel it's my calling. I went to college and had a great GPA but I have NO desire to go back to school or start a career right now. I have years left to do that. Right now it's my joy and desire to be my kids' mom. We homeschool so that keeps my mind busy (researching curriculum, trying to keep my boy challenged, etc). I adore my kids. Today we were at the park and as we were leaving my 4 year old pointed to a cloud and said "Look! It looks like an arrow!". We all laid on the grass (even my 21 month old) and found all sorts of things in the clouds. A ship and anchor, a space ship, a heart... It was one of those blissful moments when you feel that it's all worth it and you know you're right where you're supposed to be. Both of my older kids want me to have more. They all love each other and they love babies. I'm not in my 30's yet so I have time and I'm very blessed to get pregnant easily, have uncomplicated pregnancies and births, and an easy time breastfeeding (all things that I consider important to factor in my decision). Both my Mom and Grandma have 4 kids and both of them say "I wish I'd had 10." I'm thinking I should just have 10 and avoid the regret.