Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Djrose
Registered Users
Formerly: Xains Mommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When does the pain go away?

Hang in there momma! Your milk supply is still adjusting. I never got engorged with my 1st but with my second I stayed engorged for almost 3 weeks. And leaked CONSTANTLY. DD is now almost 11wks old and some days I am still engorged. Try cold compresses between the feeds as it will help slow the blood flow and help slow down milk production a tiny bit.
your LO will slow down on the nursing and it will no longer feel so much like a choir. Get someone to hold baby and take a nice bath, paint your nails or go grab a coffee. You will feel ALOT better!!
I also had a time where i didn't have that whole awesome "bonding" phenomenon maybe because both of mine ended in c-sections that were unplanned, who really knows but That will also come. It has just started to hit with dd. I think It has taken longer with her then Ds because I felt I never got a break for myself between the 2. You just need to remind yourself that you are doing a WONDERFUL thing for your little one and you are a great mother..
Take a little time for yourself and you may find that is just what you needed. Hang in there momma and GL
Djrose is offline   Reply With Quote