View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Parenting labels. Anyone ever break free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
People call me crunchy, hippy, AP, etc. I don't mind it actually. I am all those things, and I love the way I am. I don't parent or live this way to go "by the book". I parent and live with using my instincts and what makes sense to me and it happens to fall in this/these categories. I don't care what other people think or say. I think you can be dragged down by it if you feel you're a failure or not living up to the lables if you dont' do everything 100%. But to me it doesn't matter because I live my life the way I feel fits my family and I and others sayings won't drag me down one bit
Yes, exactly. I found it sad that once I shook the labels and just did what works for us [which is a hodge podge], I lost my die hard natural/AP friends because I didn't fit the mold and wasn't doing things "right". I just figured it was their loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post

People IRL also call me a "great mom" that's one label I hope to always live up to!
Yes! That is the highest compliment. When people tell me you're a great mom, I blush because though I don't feel like it a lot, I love that I guess it is showing through how much I love my boys
Terra is online now   Reply With Quote