View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Parenting labels. Anyone ever break free?

I dislike all the labels, judgements, your way is wrong that goes on ---

I am very much do what works for each kid, me, DH, our family as a whole. If someone doesn't like it tough. Real friends/family stick by you, give you advise when you ask, but don't criticize or judge.

While I do somethings "crunchy" (which I really dn't understand the full meaning of that term) I am not big into the whole AP stuff. I love my stroller, the kids love to ride in the stroller. I really do not like a baby that close to me all the time espeically after being pregnant. I get way to hot and then I get cranky and that just isn't good for anyone. I do not like people sleeping with me and it scares the crap out of me to have a baby in my bed. Our kids sleep in their cribs from day one. However both boys went through a phase at age 2.5/3 where they couldn't sleep by themselves and slept with me--- DH went to the couch. Guess what it works. Everyone sleeps and that is what is important.

I am a firm believer in BF but in also doing what works for you. The boys were BF for 7 months. Then I dried up, pumping at work wasn't working, I wasn't getting enough and by 8 months I was done and we went to formula till a year and then whole milk. And you know what I am perfectly fine with it.

If that means the boys and I go to burger King for supper cause I am so tired after working all day and being 33 weeks preggo that I don't want to cook and then I let them play in the play area so be it. Everyone goes home happy.