View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
My Mood:
Re: Parenting labels. Anyone ever break free?

Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Nope. Can't get away from those labels. The little people who live in my house STILL call me "Mommy."

I don't know that I've ever given myself a label. My children have taught me there is a season for everything and I just have to figure out which season I'm in and act accordingly. I can't force the season by {insert any parenting activity} anymore than I can bring on winter by wearing snowshoes in August.
I love the mommy label Even on the most.frustrating.days like today!
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Terra, I can't believe people would abandon you and all your good qualities just because you decided to give your kids a Cheeto or because you used a stroller at Disney World. You're a great, caring person and a loving mother! <3
Awwww,Thanks. I don't feel like it a lot, but I'm working on changing it. Yeah it's sad that people do that. But that would be the extreme few, and like a PP said it comes along with the mentality that if you don't do it X way then you are unattached and not as caring. It's sad that people actually think this
Terra: Independent woman, wife to Eric , mother to David & Aaron
Deeply spiritual, follower of Christ, connnected to my Native American spiritual roots. Over-thinker on life!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote