View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Parenting labels. Anyone ever break free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Nope. Can't get away from those labels. The little people who live in my house STILL call me "Mommy."

I don't know that I've ever given myself a label. My children have taught me there is a season for everything and I just have to figure out which season I'm in and act accordingly. I can't force the season by {insert any parenting activity} anymore than I can bring on winter by wearing snowshoes in August.
I love the mommy label Even on the most.frustrating.days like today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Terra, I can't believe people would abandon you and all your good qualities just because you decided to give your kids a Cheeto or because you used a stroller at Disney World. You're a great, caring person and a loving mother! <3
Awwww,Thanks. I don't feel like it a lot, but I'm working on changing it. Yeah it's sad that people do that. But that would be the extreme few, and like a PP said it comes along with the mentality that if you don't do it X way then you are unattached and not as caring. It's sad that people actually think this