Thread: Gah! Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
My Mood:
Re: Gah! Seriously?

I have a similar experience with my pregnancies, mama. With DS the contractions started around 18 weeks. With DD they started at 16wks. They were NOT BHs, but they were contractions. I was also told I had an "irritable uterus" (really? could they be any LESS specific?), and they got stronger as I got closer to due date. With DD, real labor started at 34 weeks, 3-5min apart, and dilated to 3-4. I had already been on moderate bed rest for FOREVER. They managed to slow things down and put me on a med to try to hold off until closer to my due date. The only thing that sounds really different is the spotting and increase in nausea.
I wouldn't go to that doc again, either. If he is telling you something other than what the OB has told you, then go with the OB's assessment. Around here, if you are 19/20+ weeks, they tell you to bypass the ER and go straight up to the experts on L&D. Do you have a hospital near you that will do that?
Have you talked to your OB at this point? It sounds like somebody in obstetrics may need to look at you.
Wife to Charming Caveman Mama to BamBam and BuggyBear
A quiet m/c 2/23/13
Resting on God's promises and listening for the "sunergei" of God's perfect symphony. Prayers greatly appreciated!
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote