View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Those who go to chiro for their kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
Well, I say every two weeks in a perfect world. When I was pregnant, it was every week to keep everything aligned w/ a constantly shifting baby. Now we're lucky to go every 4-6 weeks or so. My chiro charges $1 per year of age for children, so it only costs me $7 for him/her to adjust my kids. If it were $$ we'd definitely limit our visits. Plus, I guess I look at a doctor as someone who treats an illness/disease, whereas I look at the chiro as a means of maintaining a healthy, functioning body/immune system in combination w/ diet and exercise.
See, my thought is this. I am healthy and have a functioning body/immune system and I don't go to the chiro. If you are needing to go to the chiro all of the time in order to "maintain" a healthy, functioning bodyimmune system, then perhaps the adjustments themselve require you to get additional adjustment.

As I mentioned, I had a problem and had to be adjusted frequently and then discovered that the physical therapist was able to actually fix the problem rather than temporarily relieving symptoms. I no longer needed ongoing treatment because the problem was fixed. To me the goal is not to need treatment from any provider on an ongoing basis. If the chiro isn't correcting the problem, then I would find a different chiro or a different specialty.

I guess that I get the impression that doctors, physical therapists, speech therapists, etc. all have a goal of cure. They want to fix the problem which means that you no longer need them. On the other hand, chiros don't seem to have this as an end goal. They are all about the ongoing, long term, adjustments, which leaves me wondering whether these individuals would be better off with a PT.