View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
slyeates's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,672
My Mood:
My husband is mildly allergic to fire ants and when he is bit this is ExACTLY what it looks like. (i say mildly because he is deathly allergic to bees so in comparison...) Pus filled lump at the center with red swelling around, sometimes up to 12" from the boil. We put hydrocortisone cream and leave it alone. Don't pop it, and I "make" him not scratch it. Sometimes if the itching is really bad I make a paste out of baking soda and water and I rub it on and leave it. It can take 4-5 days for his swelling to go all the way down.

I'm by no means an expert, but I HTH!
Sarah, Wife to Jeremy, Mama to Aiden 5/08 Cora 1/12 and Sophie 4/14
Heirloom Quilts, T-shirt Quilts, Custom Quilts, Aprons
slyeates is offline   Reply With Quote