View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Things are going pretty well over here! DS is three weeks old today. Today was actually the first day I have been home alone with both kids, and we are surviving.

DD seems to be having a lot of trouble with the transition still. She loves her brother, but she is also really jealous of him, especially how he gets to be next to me most of the time and how he gets to nurse whenever, but she only gets to nurse a few times a day, if that (because I only want her to nurse after he has emptied a side). She throws so many tantrums and keeps being purposely naughty. It is hard for me not to be angry with her. Sigh.

Part of the problem is that I have been on bed rest so much because of my tailbone injury. I am up and around at least half the day now, but she really misses having me involved in all of her life. I don't blame her. I think she feels abandoned by me and replaced by her brother. I really don't know how to do things differently until I can be on my feet all day and the baby can nap independently. Any advice?