View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ebay/Paypal refund question

So I received a package in the mail today from ebay. It was not as described, so I emailed stating that I would like a FULL refund and to just return. Their page says they don't take returns, but luckily they didn't try to say they wouldn't take it back. I know paypal and ebay would just side with me and let me return it anyway.

The question is in regards to the refund amount. The ending purchase price was $36 ($25 for item and $11 for shipping). That is what I expect to get back in a refund. He wrote me back (finally) and stated he would only refund the $25. Shipping cost him $12.54(off the top of my head) and I don't think it is fair for me to be out shipping the item back to him and the shipping he paid to send to me. I have never filed a claim or done a return like this, but from reading other posts on here I think paypal/ebay would make him refund the full $36. Am I right in thinking that?

Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone is curious, the item was listed in Excellent condition with a few minor scuffs in a few places (he listed the places). When I opened the package today 2-3 parts were broken and the minor scuffs were more than minor scuffs.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote