View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ALL Pancake Recipes PLEASE!!!

Mine is pretty close to yours- except it recommends separating egg yolks and whites. Add yolks to batter then beat the egg whites until they are fluffy- like you would with waffles. Then fold them in to the batter.

And I cook all my pancakes on 300 to 325. Think you need to lower your temp and cook slower and longer. Pumpkin pancakes are also darker then a regular pancake when finished. Sounds like your just not cooking them low or long enough.

Heres a good non-pumpkin

Cornmeal wheat pancakes- I have used half and half ap flour and wheat but never all whole wheat. Makes 12 small to med (guess that is relative) pancakes. You could eat it on a salad plate. Our family of 4 usually eats 10 of them.

3/4 cup ap flour
1/2 cup WW flour
1/4 corn meal- I usually do more like a 1/3 because we like the flavor
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (or alt- we use soy milk of skim milk with vinegar to make buttermilk)
1/4 cup oil.

You could add flax or other stuff if you like you may just need to add a little more liquid. This batter is a little runnier than a regular pancake batter. It looks like its going to run all over the place, but it starts cooking quickly and holds firm- its weird.

Mix dry ingreds. mix wet ingreds. mix together until just combined. Cook. I like syrup on mine, but the rest of the family eats these with honey.

Last edited by jbug_4; 08-18-2012 at 02:02 PM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote