View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Registered Users
What to do with older siblings

We have 2 toddlers-one who's 3.5 and one who's 19 months. Our plan for what to do with them when I go into labor is rapidly becoming something I'm extremely hesitant about.
We had originally planned for my bio mom to watch them. However, lately she has been very distant and almost seems to be ignoring us.
She and her husband have an online shop that she basically runs (puttin at least 80 hours a week in) and has my sisters every other week. I understand they have a life outside of us. It's not that.
For instance, she and her mother in law wanted to throw a baby shower. This is our last baby and only girl. So they're very excited. However, they didn't ever start to plan. So my husband casually mentioned to my bio mom about 3 weeks ago that they needed to let us know when it was so we could actually be there. We recently found out that even though I'm not due til oct 1, at the very latest music will induce me at 39 weeks on sept 24. Medical reasons. But it's unlikely I'll even make it that long. We let her know since that impacts the shower obviously. He ha also let her know that the only days we can really do it would be Wednesdays or Thursday's since Jose are his days off. I can't wrangle both boys by myself and besides my anxiety is off the charts this time around and being around a lot of people and being the center of attention would make me lose it. Long story short they had apparently already planned it for sept 16, which is also my moms birthday and a Sunday. It just won't work and we told her so but it took her almost a month to tell us anything! I don't care one way or the other about the shower but she wouldn't answer any calls or gets for almost a month-what I I had been in labor? We have no one else to call and siblings aren't allowed in the delivery room at the hospital so I'd be there alone while y husband takes care of the kids. Which is now becoming a huge source of anxiety for me.
So I'm wondering what to do-or what we even CAN do. The boys are allowed in but not for actual delivery of I understood the lady I talked to before. But that still doesn't do me a whole lot of good if my husband still has to leave.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote