View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall
I just don't even know anymore. No matter what I choose to do, it'll be the wrong choice. I hate this.
((hugs))

Oh Mama. :-)

I dont know if it helps or not, but I got the same "shoulder dystocia" lecture with my first baby. I declined and elective cs, was induced, and ended up with a cs for maternal exhaustion. Baby was 10lbs, 12oz. Then baby #2 was an unmedicated vaginal birth. 9lbs 15oz. Shadows out like superman and almost hit the floor.

And you know what? Now that I'm a year and a half out from my "empowering vbac"... I don't care. :-). I'm just so happy to have these kids and I don't even care how they got here. I cared at the time. But now I'm just so in love with them that I'd go through anything it would take to have them or future kids.

I was so terrified to have a cs with my first, and it was really scary when it did happen. The best thing you can do is gather as much reliable info as possible (and a group of women on the Internet are good foe support, but not necessarily great for reliable info), choose the option you have the most peace about, figure out what practical things will help you feel safe and supported, and communicate with your doctor and support team. :-).

Don't let a bunch of opinions on DS sway you. :-) YOU have to make this decision and live with the outcome. None of us do.

((hugs))
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote