Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone get sick of the judgement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Just a vent but I get so tired of people saying to me, oh I could never work and have kids, or that by the time I pay daycare I may as well stay home, or other things that imply that I'm not a good mom if I don't sah. I know live in an area where sah is the norm, but I wish people would turn off the judgement!
I wish I could tell you some way to not let it get to you, but I get the same thing. I was actually greatful ds was sick on Sunday so I didn't have to go to church the week before I start back to school. That's when the comments always seem to get the worst. I don't know if it's because everyone realizes I'm about to go back to work or I'm just overly sensative. But it just kills me. I do love what I do, but I'd also love to stay home. Ideally, I'd love to go part time. But with dh's health always being up in the air it isn't an option for me. I'm pretty much one of only two ladies I know in my circle of friends with little kids that works and sends their kids to daycare. There are a few others that work off shift so that they don't have to use daycare or have family to tend them, but not many like me who have their kids FT in a center. I get a lot of comments about that too. My son is very happy there and learns a ton, but somehow to many women it would be better if he were home with grandma all day (second only of course to being home with mom all day). Now I love my mom and MIL but I've seen how my nephew who has done this his whole life is turning out and no thanks. It works for us but sometimes comments and judgements from others are hard for me to handle.

Last edited by slimy72; 08-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote