View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #30
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone get sick of the judgement?

I get it too. I truely don't thing I could be a SAHM. It would drive me batty. I have done short phases (2 7 week maternity leaves) and summers i usually get 3 to 4 weeks at a time and i am more than ready to go back to work.

My boys love daycare. When I am home on vacations they ask to go. They love playing with thier friends and getting out of the house for a few hours. And yes I take them to daycare when I am home on vacation--- talk about judgement from others. But I still have to pay the full amount wheather they are there or not. So why not. We pay for 4 days and I will take them at least 2 of the 4 sometiems all 4 depending on what is going on.

Daycare costs take less than 1/2 my income and my empoyeer pays for family medical insurance incuding dental and vision. We have great insurance. DH's insurance through his work is horrible and expensive. Financially it would not be smart for me to quit and stay home. Now with DH's hours--he works later in the morning and I get off work at 2:30 we do not have to pay for daycare for DS1 since he is in Kindergarden and they go all day/every day.