Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Yay, I'm going to have two in diapers again. :/

I didn't do EC with my DD, and she was probably 3.5 before she would tell me that she needed to go potty. I DID to EC with my DS (albeit part-time and a timing-based method) but he never lost the ability to release on request (although if I didn't take him often enough then he would be wet, which happened and still happens quite frequently). He's 34 months old now and never tells me that he's gone, either #1 OR #2, much less tells me if he has to go. I take him regularly throughout the day, but he has absolutely NO pattern so if I don't happen to have him on the potty when he happens to need to go, then he'll just go in his pull-up.

With DD, even after she was dry all the time no matter when I'd take her, it was still a good half a
year or more of me initiating all potty trips before she started sometimes taking herself. And now with DS, it doesn't help matters any that he doesn't have the motor skills to even pull loose-fitting pants up and down by himself (and I can forget about him climbing onto the potty). Having him naked is NOT an option because if he's anything like DD was, he'll just go wherever he is and not even care about it. We have a yard now but being outside naked isn't an option either because it's still so hot.

I'm just frustrated that, AGAIN, I'm going to be spending 18 months or so potty training, even though I did things differently this time (EC'd more). *sigh*
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and #5 due in November!
I'm an Independent Younique Presenter. Come see natural-based skin care and 3D Fiber Lash mascara!
Join my team. Get paid daily, starting as soon as 24 hours after sign-up!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote