View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight loss bucket list

1) I want to heal myself. I have fibromyalsia but have read a lot of stories of people who went paleo, and generally lived a very healthy lifestyle and it dramatically cut down on their flare-ups. I've been at it for half a month now and I think I'm on my way out of this flare-up already, so hopefully it's only up from here!

2) I want to learn to adapt to my social anxiety. Part of it is I'm so worried about what people think about me, that especially with gaining 30 lbs I don't want to be seen in public. So getting in shape won't fix it, but it will definitely help it and my ultimate goal is to get to a point where I can push past my anxiety so it doesn't affect my life so much.

3) I want to be strong. I want to lift heavy. Not mannish or anything, but I want to have defined muscles on my body and feel strong when I look in the mirror, as I've felt weak for a long time now.

4) I want to fit back into my old clothes again. And stop pretending that I don't care about my appearance, because I actually do, but my old clothes just don't fit so I wear sweats all the time and my dh's t-shirts.

5) I want to make it all the way through a workout program. I'm planning on starting ChaLEAN extreme once I get the weights for it, and my goal is to make it through her entire program and not quit half-way through like usual.

6) I want to get a tattoo on my back. Right now I'm too self-conscious to take my clothes off in front of a stranger in order to get the tattoo, so I want to to get to a place where I feel good about my body so I can have the guts to go get a tattoo.

7) I want to wear a bikini again on our next vacation. Right now the plan is Sept 2013 for our next trip to Disney, so I have 1 year to transform myself. Plus I'm going to have a rough time trying to get through WDW for 10 days if I don't get my health and fibro under control, so it's twice the inspiration.

8) I want to set a good example for my kids so they have less of a chance of falling into this trap when they are older. I want to set a good example for my dh so maybe he'll decide to start taking better care of himself too, as he's not really on board right now.

9) I want to hike the west coast trail with my dh. It's a dream of his but unless we both make drastic changes we won't be physically fit enough to actually do it.

10) I want my marriage to last. Because I'm so self-conscious of my body our bedroom life isn't the greatest right now. He says he doesn't care what I look like, but I do. I don't want it to eventually have an effect on our marriage.

That's all I can think of right now!